As part of being a Microsoft Partner, Data Support offers cloud services from Microsoft. Cloud computing (sometimes called Hosted Solutions) is the utilisation of another companys server in exchange for a monthly fee.
The advantage of cloud computing is that smaller businesses can take advantage of an expensive product at a low cost-per-user basis. An example of this would be an Exchange server (used for email services); Rather than buying:
- server hardware (which has to be upgraded every 3-5 years)
- A robust internet link with high availability
- A Microsoft Windows Server license
- A Microsoft Exchange license
- Associated Client Access Licences
- Support if it goes wrong
- Maintenance to ensure the Exchange logs are cleared regularly and backups are working
- Backup systems in case Exchange fails and needs to be rebuilt
… All of which will easily reach thousands of dollars, Exchange Online by comparrison can be purchased at just USD$5 per user, per month and is hosted by Microsoft with a 99.9% uptime guarrentee.
Amoung the cloud services offered by Data Support we offer:
- Microsoft Exchange Online, for email and calendar services
- Microsoft SharePoint Online, for intranet services and sharing files online
- Microsoft Windows Intune, for managing PCs
- Microsoft Office Communications Online, for presence availability, instant messaging, and peer to peer audio calls
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting, for video conferencing over the internet
Contact Data Support for a consultation or to buy.